The National Center for Adoption Law and Policy, in collaboration with Capital University Law Review, is pleased to sponsor the 9th Annual Wells Conference on Adoption Law: Rethinking Best Interests. Each year the Wells Conference attracts respected professionals and academics who are pioneers and innovators in the fields of child welfare and adoption law.
Date: March 14, 2013
Time: 8:45 am - 4:30 pm
Capital University Law School
303 East Broad Street
Columbus Ohio 43215
Visitor Parking Information
Main Wells Conference website
The 2013 Wells Conference will explore issues and conflicts that arise in various contexts when determining the best interests of a child and consider innovative ways of resolving those issues. Our speakers and topics this year include:
The New Face of Family and Children’s Best Interests
• Annette Appell, Professor of Law and Co-Director of the Civil Justice Clinic, Washington University Law
• Cynthia R. Mabry, Professor of Law, Howard University School of Law
• Lynne Marie Kohm, John Brown McCarty Professor of Family Law, Regent University School of Law
• Mellisa Holtzman, Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, Ball State University
Assisted Reproductive Technology and Children’s Best Interests
• Angela Upchurch, Professor of Law, Capital University Law School
• Denise Bierly and Judith Sperling-Newton, The American Academy of Adoption Attorneys
The Indian Child Welfare Act and Children’s Best Interests
• Marcia Yablon-Zug, Associate Professor of Law, University of South Carolina School of Law
Representation of the Child and Children’s Best Interests
• Megan Chaney, Director of Clinical Programs and Experiential Learning and Associate Professor of Law, University of Laverne College of Law
• Garry I. Bevel, American Bar Association Center on Children and the Law
6.0 CLE and 6.5 Social Work Counselor and Social Worker Continuing Education credit hours are requested.
We hope that you will join us!
$75.00 - Attorneys Seeking CLE credit
$60.00 - Government/Non-profit Attorneys Seeking CLE credit
$40.00 - All others
Registrations cancelled prior to March 7, 2013 will be refunded, less a $20 processing fee; the fee will not be refunded for cancellations after that date. Fee includes boxed lunch.
Fill out the information below and click on 'continue' to review your registration and pay by credit card.